In November 2018 LANXESS signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with BASIX Academy For Building Lifelong Employability Limited (B-ABLE) for skill training of marginalized youth. This is a CSR project for imparting skill training in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh & Gujarat. After the signing of MoU with LANXESS, B-ABLE started its first phase of skill training in Thane, Maharashtra. This program has been designed for 3 years and started from Thane (Location-I: 1st Year), Jhagadia (Location-II: 2nd Year) and Nagda (Location-III: 3rd Year).
Lanxess and B-ABLE have come together to create “Lanxess and B-ABLE Skill Academy” to provide sustainable livelihood to youth from marginalized communities. B-ABLE is providing skill training in IT-ITES and Textile sector job roles (CRM Domestic Voice and Sewing Machine Operator) incorporated with life skills.
- To help candidates to become responsible citizen through livelihood and soft skill training
- To skill youth and connect them with sustainable livelihood
- To provide technical skills along with the relevant soft skills to enhance their performance at workplace
- To bridge the gap between skilled workforce and industry needs
- Skill development and rapport building of marginalized youth
- Employability enhancement of unskilled youth
- Respectable and dignified placement in the formal Sector